Thursday, March 22, 2012

Slacker

I have a ton of pictures on my camera and entry ideas up the wazoo but for some reason I just haven't felt motivated to go there.  I can tell you that part of that is because most of my life is at my apartment, but my body is at boyfriend's house. 

Roomie and his kids move out in about 2 weeks, give or take.  Then we start the process of arranging boyfriend's furniture where we want it, tossing the old stuff and moving my stuff in.  We figured it was best to avoid having to maneuver 3 almost complete households around each other so we've got all of April to get me out of my place and have it spotless.  Plenty of time.

The other deterrent(s) for me [to blog] are Pants and Sauce.  As a single chick, without kids, having to adapt to daily life with a 9 year old and a 7 year old (not to mention another 9 year old and an 11 year old when Roomie's kids are at the house) has been quite exhausting.  I find my evenings flying by between dinner and chaos and showers and Nerf wars and games and airsoft guns and bikes and skateboards and fights and crap all over the place and constantly telling kids to do something... you get the idea, especially if you've been there. This is an especially daunting task for me because I didn't have the nibblets from  the time they were little cashews.  I didn't get to slowly adjust to their increasing energy levels [as they age].  I was tossed in to the sharks and they have torn me up.

8 o'clock rolls around and I find myself longing to crawl into bed, play some Words with Friends or Scramble with Friends on my phone while watching mindless TV, and then pass out.  Don't get me wrong, I love them to death, but I definitely have to remember to keep some 'me time'.  Which is why when Roomie moves out, I get a crafting/painting/computer/JUST MESA, STAY OUT! room all to myself and I can't wait.  I promise you will love me when I'm sane... then again, most love me when I'm insane as well.

Some future blogs:
  • 'Mesa in SnoWonderland'
  • More printables!
  • Personal blog
  • Fun kid cork-boards
  • Household binder
  • Other stuff I can't remember right now
So please, please follow.  This journey is just getting started and I have a feeling I'm in for a hilarious whirlwind of complete and utter chaos.


 

1 comment: